Alcoholism is recognized as a serious chronic disease. This is not a banal bad habit that can be easily dealt with a little effort. The disease requires complex treatment in a specialized alcoholic hospital. Passing paid drug therapy in the clinic allows achieving excellent results – addicts get rid of the pathological craving for alcohol-containing drinks, become more self-confident, radically change their lifestyle.
If alcohol has become the meaning of your life, then Orange County Drug Rehab for alcoholic is the best will be the best solution for you. Diagnostics, sampling, development of personal recovery and rehabilitation schemes, selection of effective coding methods for alcohol – all these services you can get at our center at affordable prices.
Who needs to be treated for alcoholism in a hospital?
Get to the hospital for treatment of alcohol is necessary in the following situations:
- Alcohol binge does not stop longer than two to three days;
- Tortured withdrawal symptoms;
- Need to quickly remove the hangover;
- Against the background of abstinence, mental disorders occurred;
- A decision was made to undergo coding in a hospital.
If we compare inpatient treatment with outpatient and home treatment, then its advantages will become clear. While in the clinic, the patient is under the constant supervision of doctors, they can provide emergency medical care. It is isolated from alcoholic friends, so the risk of disruption is minimized. In addition, in-patient methods that cannot be used at home are affordable.
In most cases, alcoholics prefer outpatient treatment. But there are circumstances when therapy at home is impossible and dangerous:
- This applies to situations when the disease has a neglected form and a malignant course.
- Severe “hangover” syndrome can cause serious disorders of the cardiovascular system such as heart attack, stroke, coma, hypertensive crisis, therefore, withdrawal from the state of alcohol withdrawal should be strictly under the supervision of doctors in a hospital.
- The presence of concomitant pathologies, chronic diseases is also an indication for inpatient treatment, during which their therapy is carried out.
- Epileptic seizures or convulsions accompanying alcoholism can lead to unpredictable consequences for a person residing outside the hospital.
- If the patient has signs of delirium tremens: visual and auditory hallucinations, loss of orientation in time, location of his hospitalization is a necessary measure.
- Another indication for placing a patient in a hospital is insufficient motivation for treatment. In this case, there is a high probability of disruption, which must be eliminated by isolating the patient from the usual environment.
In comparison with outpatient treatment, inpatient treatment has several advantages:
- There is no way to get alcohol in any way.
- The patient is protected from exposure to external stimuli that exacerbate addiction. This is a domestic quarrel, and stress at work, and disagreements with family or neighbours. The patient can exclude the provoking environment from communication, which means that the ability to “break loose” and succumb to the negative influence of these people is cut off.
- The most difficult period of refusal of alcohol for the patient becomes easier in inpatient treatment method.
- Treatment of the patient is carried out in accordance with his condition under the supervision of a doctor who selects the appropriate treatment regimen for the patient. He does this, given the specific stage and nature of the disease. Also, the narcologist takes into account the peculiarities of the patient’s psyche, what physique and many other factors. In the hospital you can get all kinds of medical care: drug therapy, physiotherapy, general examination, consultations of specialist doctors (therapist, neurologist, surgeon).
- The patient takes medication and prescribed procedures strictly at the appointed time, which is determined by the doctor.
- The patient is constantly monitored by hospital staff, thereby reducing the risk of negative consequences following the administration of certain medications
So, it is quite clear: in order to get the best therapeutic effect in a fairly short period of time, you must definitely undergo a course of treatment in a hospital. However, if you want to proceed for outpatient treatment method then you need to be focused and think of change. Avoid indulging yourself into the activities which pulls you back to the situation.