Aging gracefully is not always easy for many older people; it often comes with a loss of financial independence, a weak immune system, and some serious illnesses. But, here, attitude matters a lot! If you feel age is just a number, you can conquer the world even in your 60s. Wise elderlies opt for health insurance before their retirement so that those hefty hospital bills, doctors’ fees, and medicines won’t give them financial stress. However, if you are still in doubt and wondering what I’m gonna do with senior citizen health insurance, then read below reasons:
- Financial Support: With health insurance for senior citizens, you do not need to be financially dependent on your children for your healthcare expenses. You can avail the best possible treatment for your illness without financial implication.
- No Pre-Policy Medical Check-Up: As a senior citizen, you do not need to undergo any pre-policy medical check-up to avail of the policy.
- Comprehensive Coverage: From in-patient hospitalization, pre and post-hospitalization expenses to AYUSH treatment, senior citizen health insurance offers wide coverage. It covers many chronic, critical, and life-threatening diseases.
- COVID-19 Cover: It is a big sigh of relief for older people during a pandemic. Different plans offer coverage for COVID-19 treatment. Homecare, diagnostic and quarantine expenses are covered based on policy terms and conditions.
- Coverage for Pre-existing diseases: If you have pre-existing diseases, fikrr not! You will get your medical expenses covered under the policy (after completing the waiting period). Good brands like Care Health Insurance, Godigit, Reliance Health Insurance, etc., offer coverage for pre-existing diseases.
- Cashless Hospitalization: Do not refrain from a chance to avail healthcare facilities cashless under the policy. You just need to pick the network hospital and get admitted for cashless hospitalization. The health insurance company will directly settle your medical bills.
- Additional Benefits: Annual health check-up, up to 150% no claim bonus, lifelong renewability, automatic recharge, domiciliary hospitalization, etc., are some really important benefits you get in a senior citizen health insurance plan.
- Tax Benefit: It is good news for senior citizens to avail tax benefit under section 80D of the Income Tax Act of India 1961. The premium paid for their health insurance is entitled to tax exemption up to Rs.50,000/-.
Top Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plan
You can choose from the below-listed companies. These are the top players in the health insurance sector and can give you customized health policy suits to your healthcare needs in old age.
|Health Insurance Companies
|Senior Citizen Plan Name
|HDFC Ergo Health Insurance
Health Optima Senior
|2 Lakh to 5 Lakh
|61 Years and above
|Aditya Birla Health Insurance
|Activ Care Senior Citizen Health Insurance
|10 Lakh to 25 Lakh
|Bharti AXA Health Insurance
|Bharti AXA Senior Citizen Health Plan
|5 Lakh to 1 Crore
|Care Health Insurance
|3 Lakh to 10 Lakh
Therefore, senior citizen health insurance is vital. It helps elderlies to live a dignified and healthy life with new hopes. Instead of spending your hard-earned money on medical bills, you can now use it to fulfill your dreams that you might have thought about when you were young. So, stay insured, stay young.