The term “naturopathy” has become famous due to Television shows and recent explosion into fame through various websites. However, naturopathy is in practice for many centuries and many people are slowly realizing the benefits of the process. The most important factor of naturopathy is that the Toronto naturopathic doctor can meet the entire family and provide treatment based on network of elements associated with the family. In addition, there are some very good aspects that are making naturopathy a well-embraced treatment in the recent years. The following aspects will show the effectiveness, flexibility and advantages of the treatment.
- There was no health insurance coverage for naturopathy. But, now many companies provide insurance plans to facilitate their consumers to avail the treatment of naturopathy. If an individual is taking new health insurance then it is advised to look into the plan and see that the treatment is included.
- No OHIP Regulations – Naturopathic centres do not come under the compliance of OHIP regulations; specifically, the clause of paying the doctor based on the number of patients per day or set amount of time. As a result, treatment centres like courtneyholmbergnd.ca try to provide maximum time to the patient with the doctor. It is well known to those who consult a naturopath in Toronto that for the first time the doctor spends nearly 2-3 hours with the person. The following consultations span up to 30 minutes to 1 hour. This is an ample time and no other specialist or doctor will look at a patient for such long time.
- A Toronto naturopathic doctor is certified properly to carry botanical medicine, homeopathy medicine, etc. In addition, the doctor holds expertise in conducting nutritional therapy, intravenous therapy, orthomolecular therapy and acupuncture. Some of the doctors are even qualified to prescribe primary and integrative medicine for the patients based on the condition. As a naturopath needs to study pharmacology during their academics, he or she knows about prescription drugs and doses.
- Naturopathy is based on intense research on the patient to find things that are mostly invisible to traditional doctors. In a study conducted in 2013, it is proven over numerous subjects that naturopathy helps in the reduction of cardiovascular risks. Similar studies over different ailments prove that the process is effective and works in most conditions.
- The essential factor of naturopathic treatment is the use of laboratory testing. The patient’s samples will be tested for almost every disease in the chart and a naturopath in Toronto will determine the condition of the individual based on the results and his/her assessment.
- The role of a naturopathic doctor does not end with providing a treatment or prescribing drugs. He or she will give counselling or education to the patient about change in lifestyle and alteration in the diet plan. The doctor gives as much knowledge to the patient as possible, so that the patient can learn and adapt to his/her situation.
There are many more advantages of approaching a naturopathic doctor. One would get a overall or holistic treatment for the disease and can get advice on change in lifestyle as well. The treatment sittings will help the patient to learn a lot about the health condition as well, helping him to spread the knowledge.