There are billions of bacteria living inside our mouths & a significant number of these bacteria develop as plaque, causing tooth decay (cavity) and gum disease, which can result in periodontal (gum) infection.
In this article dentists from one of the best dental clinic in Kodambakkam, Chennai will discuss the effective practices for maintaining good oral health. For a sound smile, you should practice good oral cleanliness consistently. Brushing after dinners, using antimicrobial mouthwash, and flossing in any event once every day assists with keeping these illness-causing microscopic organisms from imitating in your mouth, and causing tooth decay. Moreover, healthy eating regimens that limit sweet and starchy foods, keep those bacterias away.
How Can I Prevent Tooth Decay Or Cavity?
According to Dr. Balwan Singh who is one of the best dentist in Gurgaon, the most ideal approach to forestall tooth decay and eliminate plaque is by brushing and cleaning between your teeth each day. Brushing eliminates plaque from the tooth surfaces. Gently brush your teeth two times a day with a soft brush. The size and state of your toothbrush should be according to your mouth and permit you to reach all areas without any problem. Use an antimicrobial toothpaste containing fluoride, which shields your teeth from cavity. Clean between the teeth once per day with floss or cleaners to eliminate plaque from between the teeth, where the toothbrush can’t reach. Flossing is basic to forestall gum infection. Visit your dentist at least twice a year.
Tests And Preventive Care
Regular dental tests are significant for the detection and anticipation of oral infections. During the dental test, we will get some information about any medical issues you have or drugs you’re taking and examine how they may influence your oral wellbeing. In the case of diabetes, you’re at increased danger of gum illness. We check the soundness of fillings or different reclamations and assess your danger of tooth decay, root cavity, and gum or bone infection. We will assess the need for tooth reclamation or tooth substitution, and check your bite and jaw for issues. During the dental test, we will likewise search for indications of oral disease in the mouth and throat zones. We may likewise take advanced X-ray or extra analytic systems to build up a thorough treatment plan.
Standard tests permit our dental specialists to keep your mouth fit and screen conditions that may deteriorate or prompt issues somewhere else in your body. We can likewise share suggestions for good nourishment and oral cleanliness and give directing on unique oral medical care needs, for example, tobacco suspension.
Customary cleanings help in eliminating the development of plaque and tartar, the two of which can prompt cavities and gum illnesses like gum disease or periodontitis. Our hygienists will eliminate any stains or stores on your teeth, and give guidance on legitimate brushing and flossing. We can likewise give a fluoride treatment to fortify the tooth enamel against rot and lessen enamel demineralization.
Note: More than one visit might be required to give a full assessment and extensive treatment plan.
Legitimate Brushing And Flossing Techniques
Our experts suggest the following strategies for brushing and flossing your teeth:
- Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to the gums.
- Move the brush to and fro delicately in short (tooth-wide) strokes.
- Brush the external tooth surfaces, the inward tooth surfaces, and the biting surfaces of the teeth.
- Utilize the tip of the brush to clean within surfaces of the front teeth, utilizing a delicate here and there stroke.
- Brush your tongue to eliminate microorganisms and renew your breath.
- Take around 18 inches of floss and wind it around the middle fingers of each hand. Hold the floss firmly with your thumb and index fingers.
- Move the floss between your teeth utilizing a delicate scouring movement.
- When the floss arrives at the tooth & gum joint, bend it into a C shape against one tooth.
- Bring the floss back toward the contact point between the teeth and move the floss up or down the opposite side, adjusting the floss to the state of the tooth.
- Hold the floss firmly against the tooth. Tenderly rub the side of the tooth, moving the floss away from the gum with all over movements.
Use Mouth Wash For Added Assurance
A mouth wash, along with regular brushing and flossing, can build the neatness of your mouth. Antimicrobial mouthwashes decrease microscopic organisms and plaque action, which cause gum disease and gum infection. Fluoride mouthwashes likewise help diminish and forestall tooth rot. Continuously converse with your dental specialist about any new items you want to try. Not every person should utilize a fluoride mouth wash. For example, fluoride washes are not suggested for kids ages 6 or younger on the grounds that they may swallow them. Continuously check the producer’s name for precautions and age recommendations and talk with your dental specialist about the use of fluoride mouth wash.
Here Are A Couple Of Additional Tips For Keeping Up Solid Teeth And Gums–
- Decrease the regular intake of sweet beverages.
- Drink plenty of water after each meal.
- Use a straw to decrease the contact of sweet beverages with your teeth.
- Replace sweet beverages with milk, yogurt, or water.