An emergency tooth cavity is the most potential dental emergency that can occur to any of us. You usually realize this dental emergency when you feel a sharp pain in your teeth and mouth by eating or drinking. An emergency tooth decay usually won’t detect in the beginning levels; after a while, you will be able to notice unusual dark spots on your teeth. An emergency cavity can be easily caused by dental bacteria, which provide some damaging acids. Once an emergency tooth decay happens, your tooth enamel won’t be restored, especially if you don’t have proper dental care. Based on what an experienced emergency dentist in Toronto claims, about 50 percent of adults and even children face emergency tooth decay and its indications. Remember that even if you confront an emergency tooth cavity, the essential step is to prevent it from spreading. Here are the most helpful preventions to save your teeth’ health.
- Fluoride utilization: try to consume dental supplies which contain fluoride. Fluoride can lessen the spreading speed of the emergency dental cavity. It also strengthens tooth enamel from plaque acids. If you are lucky to recognize that’s emergency dental decay and use fluoride in your dental care routine, you probably can save your teeth from more severe dental emergencies.
- Drink water: drinking 6 to 8 glasses of water can be beneficial in dental emergencies include a dental cavity. A dry mouth can provide the best condition for plaques and lead to emergency dental decay. Try to keep your mouth and teeth hydrated to prevent emergency dental cavities.
- Using aloe vera: aloe vera is known as one of the most beneficial plants, especially for dental health. You can destroy harmful dental bacteria which cause emergency cavities by using aloe vera tooth gel or paste. This gel even can help to strengthen your tooth enamel and remineralize it.
- Warm saltwater: this home remedy is so applied in most dental emergencies. Emergency dentists usually recommend saltwater because it has antiseptic features. It can significantly destroy damaging bacteria that are the main reason for an emergency dental cavity. Rinsing saltwater will have significant impacts when you confront dental emergencies.
- Avoid sugary foods: sugar can significantly provide the situation
of emergency cavities. Eating sugary foods or drinking sugary beverages generates harmful acids and leads to an emergency circumstance. If you are addicted to sweets, don’t forget to brush your teeth carefully after that.
- Xylitol gum: this gum contains a large amount of natural alcohol, which removes the most harmful dental bacteria and infections. It greatly can prevent emergency dental decay but remember it can’t cure it! Try to chew xylitol gum if you don’t want to confront emergency dental cavities.
- Vitamin D: It’s evident that vitamin D is essential if you want to stay healthy. Teeth health is not an exception! According to one admissible research, vitamin D can decrease the risk of emergency dental cavities and corroborate tooth enamel.
In the end, don’t forget to visit an emergency dentist if you notice any dark spots or suspicious symptoms to prevent other dental emergencies.